Sue Cohn, M.D.
Pain Medicine & Anesthesiology
Dr. Cohn is Board Certified in both pain medicine and anesthesiology. Born and raised in Colorado, she moved to New York to attend New York University where she graduated magna cum laude, and she stayed in New York to continue studying medicine at NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Cohn completed her internship at UCLA and returned to New York for three years of residency in anesthesiology at St. Vincent’s Medical Center and Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Following her residency, she completed a fellowship at the University of Miami/Jackson Hospital specializing in intervention pain management techniques. Dr. Cohn focuses on multimodal and interventional management of chronic pain conditions. She has a special interest in spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation for conditions including back pain, neuropathy, and occipital neuralgia. She also has a special interest in cancer-related pain with training in the latest techniques including intrathecal drug delivery systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Back Pain (Lumbar/Thoracic/Cervical)
- Sacroiliac Joint Diagnostic Injections and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Lumbar/Cervical Medial Branch Blocks and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Transforaminal and Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Ganglion Impar Block for Coccydynia
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Stellate Ganglion Blocks
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
- Trigeminal Nerve Blocks
- Gasserian Ganglion Blocks
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Nerve blocks