Sue Cohn, M.D.
Pain Medicine & Anesthesiology
Dr. Cohn is a Board Certified anesthesiologist who is fellowship trained in Pain Management. She was born and raised in Colorado and moved to New York to attend New York University, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. Dr. Cohn stayed in New York to continue studying medicine at NYU School of Medicine. She then traveled to the West Coast to complete her internship at UCLA and returned to New York City to complete her anesthesiology residency at St. Vincent's Medical Center and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Following her residency she completed a fellowship at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital specializing in interventional pain management techniques.
Dr. Cohn focuses on multimodal and interventional management of chronic pain conditions. Her special interests include spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation for conditions including back pain, neuropathy and occipital neuralgia. She also has a special interest in cancer-related pain with training in the latest techniques including intrathecal drug delivery systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Back Pain (Lumbar/Thoracic/Cervical)
- Sacroiliac Joint Diagnostic Injections and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Lumbar/Cervical Medial Branch Blocks and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Transforaminal and Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Ganglion Impar Block for Coccydynia
Failed Back Syndrome
Neuropathic Pain Syndrome
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Stellate Ganglion Blocks
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
- Trigeminal Nerve Blocks
- Gasserian Ganglion Blocks
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
- Nerve blocks
Click here to download Dr. Sue Cohn, M.D. full CV